We regularly hear stories of business owners like yourselves and we want you to know: you’re not alone! When you get really honest with yourselves and with us, you talk about the times you feel alone at the top, especially when you’re facing difficult decisions. You may even feel like you’re running on “empty” and need gas for your tank.
We are sponsoring the all-day Colorado Christian Business Alliance “Thrive” conference at the Infinity Event Center in Glendale, CO on Friday, September 16th because we believe this event can help refuel your tank. All are welcomed: wherever you are on your spiritual journey, we encourage you to come because we believe the experience will be a perspective-setting experience.
Here are few comments from past conference goers:
“Your conference changed my life and business.”
“Spoke straight into what God was dealing with me on.”
“[I gained] a greater understanding of how Biblical principles actually work to increase business ethics and effectiveness.”
How will “Thrive” help you and your team to reinvigorate your business?
- It will challenge you to reexamine your purpose and your company’s purpose. When you have clarity of purpose, you choose the right battles to fight. Without purpose, you wage a three-front war. If you think being in business is a battle, you’re not alone. ABA President, Bob Benson and Creager Mercantile CEO, Chip Creager will share wisdom as business owners in their workshop entitled “The Epic Battle of the Ages.” You’ll learn not only where the battles are, but how to overcome them.
While not giving away too many secrets from their workshop, we do want to share a couple of battles you might face. Spiritual opposition may show up in symptoms such as friction or desertion:
- Friction due to disengagement: Gallup statistics show that 70% of the U.S. workforce is actively or passively disengaged. Disengagement is a constant drag on your business and productivity.
- Desertion due to lack of clear purpose: The lack of clarity about your company’s purpose and mission could be another battle front. Contrary to popular belief, higher pay alone won’t attract and retain the best incoming talent. For example, millennials are willing to take 15% less pay to work for a company that has a clear purpose. Without a clear and incarnated purpose, your employees may desert and you will lose out to your competition in the talent war. 1
- It will help you learn best practices. No one (not even you) has all the answers. Great ideas often come from surprising places outside the sphere of those in your industry or those who think like you. So where are you getting fresh ideas to thrive? Brad Armstrong, President and third generation principal of General Air, is a great source. Brad will be speaking on “Balancing Work and Business with Your Personal & Family Life: How to Solicit God’s Help.” Since only one of every eight family businesses survive into the third generation, it’s rare to hear lessons from a third generation family business owner. And it’s even rarer to hear from one that can share lessons on how to thrive.
- It will extend your virtual team. Let “Thrive” keynote speakers Rich and Holly Betenbough become part of your virtual team. Rich has navigated countless challenges of building Betenbough Homes into a company with a mature management and production system which combines quality and cost control through disciplined planning, negotiating and supervising. Rick never dreamed that God had such big plans for the business. Not only has his firm built over 7,000 homes, but Betenbough has also left a company legacy that continues to thrive after his departure.
Creating a powerful corporate culture takes a blend of giftedness and Spirit-led wisdom. Rich’s wife Holly Betenbough not only created that culture in Betenbough Homes but now also serves on the board of Betenbough Capital to multiply the impact of their work both in Lubbock, TX and throughout the world.
You do not need to feel like you are alone. Join us at the “Thrive” conference on Friday, September 16th to fill your emotional tank and gain the perspective to thrive as you lead your company into 2017.
1 Natalie Rooney, “Meet the Millennials,” NewsAccount, July/August 2016, 14
We’re so confident of the value you’ll gain by attending this conference that we challenge you to get involved:
- “Thrive” is coming to the Infinity Event Center in Glendale, CO on Friday, September 16! Invest in a table for your team and key partners. Go to http://ccballiance.org/ for more details and to register.
- The first 5 individuals who email email@example.com and put “Thrive” in the subject line, can come as our guest for free–so get ready to “Thrive”!
Originally posted 2016-08-19 08:23:35.