Last week I suggested that supporting your favorite non-profit or donating a vehicle can help lower Colorado’s unemployment numbers. This week, I’d like to introduce a way every one of us can address the equally painful human face of underemployment statistics.
How? Help a Colorado parent make a difference for his/her kids this holiday season.
Kids are the ones who, through no fault of their own, are impacted by the dreary underemployment numbers. Many parents may not qualify for governmental assistance but are far from comfortable enough to provide the “extras” for their kids for at Chanukah and Christmas.
In honor of a child whose smile she won’t get to see again, Jessica Bachus has created a powerful vehicle to give any of us a chance to give kids in our Colorado Front Range communities more reasons to smile this holiday season.
Jessica founded Dolls for Daughters in 2007 after her daughter, Kenzi, was stillborn at 24 weeks. Overcome with grief, Jessica felt compelled to channel her grief into something that would honor Kenzi’s memory. Dolls for Daughters was that vehicle for Jessica and her family to provide dolls at Christmas to young girls who would otherwise go without.
In 2010, Jessica launched Kenzi’s Kids. This program helps relieve the financial burdens of qualified low-income families taking steps to create a stable environment for their children. Kenzi’s Kids gives the children of these families the fundamental items needed to succeed in school: school supplies, clothing, extracurricular activity fees and birthday and holiday gifts for a year.
How can you help put a smile on the face of a child whose parent is underemployed?
There are two ways you can make an impact with either cash OR a car:
- Give generously to “Dolls for Daughters and Kenzi’s Kids” on Colorado Gives Day on Dec. 10, 12 a.m.-Midnight to get your giving dollars matched.
- Good Neighbor Garage and Dolls for Daughters are partnering to transform your donated vehicle into a cash donation for Dolls for Daughters. Click HERE to donate a vehicle to Dolls for Daughters.
This is a terrific win-win-win-win opportunity:
- Your donated car helps underemployed Colorado families put a smile on their child’s face through Dolls for Daughters Toy Shop on Dec. 7.
- Your donated car helps lower those burgeoning national unemployment numbers.
- You could be eligible for both a tax deduction AND a Colorado Enterprise Zone tax credit.
During this Thanksgiving week, I thank YOU for considering how you can serve folks in our community through Colorado Gives Day, December 10!
Put Colorado Gives Day on your calendar and be sure to give to your favorite non-profit. You can give a vehicle on behalf of Dolls for Daughters by using THIS LINK.
If you know of someone in need who wants to put a smile on her child’s face, invite them to Dolls for Daughter’s Toy Shop on Dec. 7.
…And if you know someone who needs a vehicle, call us and speak to our GNG program coordinator.
Good Neighbor Garage
9200 W. 44th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033